How to change your water pump.

RO_SUNNY

Hi there guys and gals.

I don't know if it has been posted before but I am going to have a try on this as it was a little bit tricky to me.

First of all I'd like to thank Martyn AKA Vss Irvine for the water pump which he sent me.
Thanks Martyn you are a really nice guy and you help me alot with this part.

So.....i shall begin:

1'st step

-Stop your engine and let it cool down (for about 30 minutes or so)
-Drain the cooling system using the drain point from the lower left part of the water radiator (use something like a pan or something so that you can save your coolant and reuse it after you've finished the job)
-unplug your battery
-get the correct tools for the job close to you (so that you don't loose time searching for the tool you need)

2'nd step

-put a jack underneath the left side of the engine (under the oil pan) and also put a rubber in between the jack and the engine so you do not dent something (I used in exhaust rubber hanger)

-lift the jack just a little bit untill your engine starts to lift
-take out the left engine mount
-lift the engine slowly until you have cleared enough space to service the specified area
-remove alternator belt
-unscrew the 6 mm bolts from the water pump pulley (not entirely, just unscrew them untill they are free)

-take out the water pump and servo belt
-dismantle the servo pump tensioner bracket

-unscrew the 8mm which is just behind the engine mount (you will clear alot of space)

-then you can unscrew the 7 bolts (8mm)which hold the water pump

-after you took out the pump clean the contact area with some solvent and a scraper for remains of the silicon gasket.
-Clean the area properly because you will have some coolant leftovers.
-put liquid gasket and then you will have around 10 minuts until it hardens

Now you can reverse what you did previously.

Hopefully this was a good advice as I struggled alot until I managed to do this the I described above.
Look how I destroyed the paint until I realised that I should have lift the engine more so that I can free some handling space

Trip

The worse part of this is to get the pulley on the flange and align the holes for the bolts. Tightening these bolts is also a tedious part.

Another thing which helped me was lifting engine as much as possible to work on the top area, and lowering the engine to work on the lower area.

RO_SUNNY

That part I explained it (but it's my learned wnglish that doesn't sound ok maybe)
-you just leave the belt in it's position unscrew the bolts and then take out the belt (5 min job)
-If you lift the engine enough you don't need to lower it.

Trust me when I am saying the above because I stayed and looked at the best posible way to do this job for approx. 2 hours before I started.

Cheers Trip for the input.