How to change crank pulley

nimhbk

read some of the links on crank pulleys, i take its a easy job of taking wheel off and taking of the nut,and putting the new one on, no timing nerds to be set

youngsyp

You'll also need to put it back on in exactly the right place (for the timing marks) and, need access to get a puller on it, to remove the old one.

Paul

Keira

it'll go on exactly as it came off due to the keyway. and you can get them off without a puller

im having trouble getting this off :doh:
i have taken off the big bolt and its just jammed on there. i need that off to get the oil pump off then the chain.
How do i get the pulley off?
Cheers.

geoff pine

Screw two bolts in to the holes in the pully and that forces of the pully thats how nissan say it should be done.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah, I understand that... it's actually a very good idea to read the old threads. I'm just saying that I don't think he was still waiting for an answer a year and a half later. On the balance of it, it's probably quite helpful to have the size listed in the thread... although I think I could probably get the size for myself by, I don't know, measuring it on the car.

The door? Sure, why not. You'd better PM me your address though because I can't be driving up and down the Wirral just on the off chance that I find your place.

P

pulsarboby

I think that 18 months later he's already found that out.

nah i saw him the other day and hes still under the car trying to get it off, hes got a beard now and everything! hes been under there so long even the grass has grown round him:lol::lol:
i offered to help but he told me to f off

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Well that was silly of him, he'll never be able to read the forums from under there! :doh: