How much does mapping cost?

Tim!

Hi all

Iv recently got a apexi power FC and was wondering roughly how much they cost to get mapped, fitting isn't a problem litrlay just need to get it mapped

Cheers

Mad

Hi TIm,

Ed at Fusion is not a million miles away from you.

Not sure on his prices thought but very reasonable and you will get a dyno printout as well if you wish.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What's your current setup? I've you've changed injectors and MAF's etc then physically fitting it might not be a problem but running properly will be.

If you're standard then they are designed to be plug and play for a standard ECU. If you want to get it tweaked though then you'd still need to take it to Ed.

At least if you are standard you can plug it in and check for basic faults first. The PFC is less tolerant of some signals so it might be worth trying.

Tim!

Fair enough, cheers

I am going to be changing a lot but not yet

Iv got big plans and I'm just trying to put together a rough budget

Thanks for the advice tho, I'm not sure what setup the PFC was running before I bought it so I'm slightly reluctant to just plug it in and see what happens

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you ask nicely, you might find that someone has a base map for it that you could use.

Fusion Ed

Yep, can initialise the ecu. Can't be driven in anger though until checked.

For comparison I charge £200 for mapping PFC + Dyno (£75) This will be increasing slightly in the new year.

Mr B

Most important thing is good mapping, amazes me how many people skimp out in this area & run poor power & bake the pistons nicely. Probably the cheapest power & reliability mod for a gtir is proper custom mapping ...

Mr B

Most pulsars tuned via eBay parts end up on ebay themselves a few months later with amazing hp claims & every excuse heard & a few creative new ones on the rattles & smoke as it puffs & misses away on the superb example test drive :-S