Hose Solutions oil feed - Am I think or what....

snoon

Hi all,

This is aimed at the peope who have gotr the Hose solutions oild feed pipe.

When goign to fit it, the loop thingy's on the end (banjo's???:der: ) are smaller thanm the OE one, and the bolt is smaller. So when you got o screw it to the turbo the bolt just falls about in the whole and doesn't even touch the threads as it is too small???

Am I just being a stupid idiot or what? Am I missing something?

I asked Hose solutions and they said that they have not had any issues with any other users?

I was thinking that they have sent me the wrong pipe?:sad:

Cheers

Shaun

mattytappy

If im right i think your talking about the bit that fits in the turbo....if so you should have had a silver reducer with it that fits the standard tubby...?

Matty

geoff pine

I have one and have had no problems fitting it it could be they sent you the wrong pipe i don't remember getting the bolt with it i just used the old one with new washers

gtirjoey

ive got one on standard turbo i had to cut the banjo bolt down because it bottemed out before it was tight! but if your bolt falls out mate it is cleary wrong? is the bolt a nice fit in the banjo or is it lose? as it may just be the wrong bolt and not the whole pipe that is wrong!

snoon

the bolt fits the banjo on the pipe they sent me, but it doesn't fir the hole on my standard tubby.

Should i have also got a reducer/adaptor with it?

WUZ

Funnily enough, I have seen a set of brake hoses from these guys where a hose HAD NOT BEEN CRIMPED TO THE FITTING...........AT ALL!

Bit disappointing to be honest. Their answer was how come the fitter never spotted it straight away...........BECAUSE HE DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE TO CHECK TO ENSURE ALL THE HOSES HAD BEEN CRIMPED!

Luckily this guy pressure checked the hoses otherwise his wife might have taken the car out with his 3-month old son out.........................and never come back :(

Note to all.........................check these hoses before you fit them.You shouldn't have to but please do so, just to be sure.

Russell

frit

reviving this thread because ive got a similar problem. I bought a pipe kit from hose solutions and the turbo end of the oil feed pipe didnt come supplied with a banjo bolt to fit to the turbo. this is what i recieved:

it came with one fixed banjo end and the other is removable (the black banjo)
I was supplied with one bolt that fits the block end perfectly, but the turbo end is different (slightly smaller) and I cant find a banjo bolt to fit this anywhere. The thread is 24tpi and 7/16ths wide, anyone else had this problem?
Please help!

frit

This is a picture from the item description of what i should have recieved :

the bottom pipe being the oil feed pipe. as you can see from the post above, not the same.

frit

I think it is the right kit, i mean it would fit if i just had a banjo bolt that fitted the turbo. All the other pipes and bolts are fine, just this particular one was missing. The most annoying thing is if it was any of the other bolts that was missing i could have used the old ones, but this particular one is a completely different arrangement to originally.