HKS Rings and HG

My newly aquired engine let go on its first thrashing and the rings let go almost instantly.
120 psi on cylinders 1 3 4
but on No 2, its dead on a dry test and on a wet it manages to climb to 30 ish psi.

Firstly is it adviseable to reuse the HKS Gasket?

Next one where abouts is the best place to get a new set of rings, and does it need to be HKS ones or can i goto my local engine builders place and get them to supply me with a set of rings?

Also does anyone have a spec sheet for HKS pistons, so the machine shop can make sure the bores are within spec for the pistons.

As want to double check everything before it gets rebuilt so i dont have to rebuild it again, as just shelled out some wedge for the engine and it to let go after 2 laps is no good.

Cheers

Davie

vss irvine

sorry to hear that davie, i have fitting instructions for hks pistons at the garage.

problem is i wont be home until next weekend.

ill pm you my new number.

Spot on buddy, want to have everything their so its already to go when it goes to the machine shop :)
Just hope my blocks okay, as i dont want to mullar my nice standard engine i have :)

P

pulsarboby

dont go buying rings or anything untill the heads off and youve checked it out.
hate to say it but chances are that the cylinders will have sustained some sort of damage.