hks mushroon induction kit

NU773R

i want to replace the filter but i dont know what one to get they do a 150mm one and a 200mm one that i have found so far, as far as i can see they are both 3 layer ones, is there anyway i can find out whats already on the car by just looking at it??

i tryed cleaning mine with k&n cleaning stuff but it didnt clean it very well at all, is there anything better to use to clean it rather that buying a new one

cheers

Fire & skill

Vintage member
just wash it in a sink with hot soapy water - it is after all just a sponge.

even better chuck the whole lot in the bin and buy a decent kit such as a blitz sus or an apexi one.

youngsyp

As above mate, the best place for the HKS filter is the bin.

I found the GTiR specific Apexi Power Filter restrictive but, the Blitz SUS kit works very well. It doesn't filter that well though.

If you can get a K&N kit, that's made for the Evo 6, that should fit with a bit of fiddling and will provide the best of both worlds, in terms of flow and filtration.

Paul

MarkTurbo

NU773R said:
is there anyway i can find out whats already on the car by just looking at it??
Just measure the bloody thing :lol: A ruler or tape measure isnt exactly a hard tool to use :doh:

Garef

MarkTurbo said:
Just measure the bloody thing :lol: A ruler or tape measure isnt exactly a hard tool to use :doh:
Yeah, I was thinking that as well.

Although, I would have to agree with some of the comments above about the HKS being poor.

91_GTi-R

i'm runing a 2.5 elbow with a jim wolfe filter and i think it works really good bolts right up to the maf sensor ill get a pic of the setup on here later
cheers alex

MINESGTIR

BLITZ "Super Air Cleaner" all the way... ive got mine in a cold air box... bloody loud and works verry well...

Fire & skill

Vintage member
NU773R said:
thanks for the advise

looks like i'm gonna look into getting a new induction kit then :)

it'll be the best thing you've done this year - makes a massive difference to the car ;-)