Hks Electronic Boost Controller

tony1981

HI DOES ANY BODY KNOW ANYWHERE IN THE NORTH WEST THAT CAN INSTALL AN ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER AS I DON'T THINK MINE HAS BEEN FITTED PROPERLY:doh:

tony1981

my car is running badly and andy fubar came and had a look at it, we found a hole in my intercooler(top mount) when we removed it, and when he looked at the wires and hosing for the boost controller he said it doesn't look like its been fitted properly. it doesn't seem to make a difference at all when i change the settings. so i just wanted someone to give it the once over for me. cheers pimp

gtir_pimp

which controller is it? hks evc 3 or 4 etc? there must be some instructions on the net somewhere, so you can print them off and compare your installation to them. i know there are for my greddy profec b 11 controller. if not maybe a member on here has some they can copy and send off to you

gtir_pimp

piccy not working mate. if you cant load the pic then look on ebay and typr in hks evc. there is a variety on there at the mo, so find the one thats your and copy and paste the link on here

tony1981

will do, thanks for you're help. i'm hoping its set up correctly and its the hole in my intercooler thats causing the problems, but i can have a good look now i've got the manual:thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Major_Sarcasm said:
No, it won't be the hole in your intercooler causing your boost problems. Definitely the controller that's at fault ;)
That sounds like sarcasm to me... oh so that's why!

There's not really much that can go wrong with the boost controller install. - If it's between a boost source and the wastegate actuator then it's probably installed right.
Does the EVC II have a pressure reading too? As long as it's reading boost (normally off the same line as your boost gauge) it'll work.
If it's not installed right you'll be stuck at 0.5 bar, but it'll still boost (I know because that's how I slow my wife down; turn the boost controller off).