HKS boost controller, how to increase boost pressure??

k20 gtr

Guys I have a new pulsar yipee!!

It has
Fmic, walbro 255 fuel pump, acvr ( or is this an svac? its silver with the blue screen and gives graphs, I will look at the car tomorrow to confirm, havent studied it propely yet), 3 inch system, hks air filter.

The boost controller is set at 1.1 bar, i would like more, whats the most I can run 1.3?
Do i have to do anything to the acvr?

Main question is, how do I set the max boost higher :twisted:

It has an hks boost contoller with the dial on the left hand side, I think its a evc 4.

Thank you ever so much :-D

Last edited:

danr

if anything like my 5, you just turn offset up. turn all way clockwise, then back to 0 to reset dial, then turn to what you want. it should then auto adjust boost to suit throttle. but read manual jic!

If you have a AVCR it won't adjust boost for you, you have to slowly increase the duty cycle and keep test driving it to see where it's boosting at. Once you set your desired boost (top value) and matched the actual boost with it (by slowly increasing duty cycle) the AVCR will then start to learn and do small adjustments for you..... but you have to manually get it close yourself first.
Id be careful though, don't just bang it up to 1.3bar on standard ECU.....even if have the fuel controller aswell, it needs setting up properly.

Ah sorry you said HKS boost controller, I was referring to the APEXI AVCR. Still, I doubt the HKS one will let you type in a desired boost level then take full control in giving you tht actual boost..... Someone correct me if I'm wrong lol.