HKS 1.2 headgaskit, 87mm bore and ARP head studs.

Slunch

I've got the spec above and after reading a few threads I'm a little concerned. How much of a problem have I got and what should I do about it?

vpulsar

I've got the spec above and after reading a few threads I'm a little concerned. How much of a problem have I got and what should I do about it?

I'd ditch the head studs and fit new standard head bolts personally.

But they maybe OK if the head gasket does go then swap them then if they're already fitted,

Rob

Slunch

5 years, around 10k miles at around 3-320hp. Plan is/was to swop turbo, injectors, maff and nistune for a reliable 450hp.

vpulsar

5 years, around 10k miles at around 3-320hp. Plan is/was to swop turbo, injectors, maff and nistune for a reliable 450hp.
No point in changing them for the sake of it, If the head does lift then like I said before swap them when & if it happens.

Rob

Slunch

Thanks, bit of relief there. I'll do a comp. test on it to be sure and press on, just didn't want to cut a channel through the block.

Dom

vpulsar

Thanks, bit of relief there. I'll do a comp. test on it to be sure and press on, just didn't want to cut a channel through the block.

Dom

Danny or Ed will give you the correct advice when they see this.

Rob