High and low boost

L

Leighton

Hi there,just wondering if any one could help me.I have increased my boost to one bar, but for some reason when its warm or been on a long drive the boost returns to 0.6. :?Any help would be great thanks.

A

AJ4

Sounds like its going into safe mode and cutting the boost ( can be caused by lots of things, not just the det sensor ). From what I know of the ecu, every time det is detected the ignition is retarded until the det stops and then advanced again until it starts, this sequence repeats many times a second and wont cause a fault code ( its normal running practise ). Only if the det sensor is proper f**ked does it return a fault code and hold the boost off permanently until its fixed.

But.... Fast Guy is right, the chances are the det sensor is f**ked :D:D:D

Do a fault code check and see what it says.

L

Leighton

Thanks for your reply.Where is the det sensor, and how do i carry out a fault code check? many thanks Leighton.

L

Leighton

Ok i will try and do a fault code check and let you know how i get on ,thanks leighton

G

Glyn

Hi everyone, I'm pretty sure that this is the cause of my running problem too, it's just that my ecu is not responding to the fault code check, the engine light just stays on, I have tried many times :( Has this happened to anyone else...?

L

Leighton

i m glad some one else has got the same prob as me.Hope we can get it sorted soon .Every time i race something i m on standard boost. :wink: