Hi Flowing dump valve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What I've discoverd by running a bigger turbo and higher boost is that the HKS SSQV seems to be fine and works 100% on mid boost but struggles to dump the higher volumes of air accoiciated with higher boost on these larger turbos.

Obviously there are dump valves that are more efficient than others and some that have bigger actual inlet/outlets so can perhaps handle the higher boost volumes.

The question is which dump valves are the biggest and most suited to large turbo's and High boost.

Steve

(Perhaps this is why Tuning Japanese used 2 SSQV's on there demo pulsar)

T

tro||

no, they're designed for tiny little t2 turbos that flow feck all air and run at 6psi :der:

you asked for that one ;-) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
tro|| said:
no, they're designed for tiny little t2 turbos that flow feck all air and run at 6psi :der:

you asked for that one ;-) :lol:
Yeah, guess I did :der: filly sucker :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It looks like the Greddy Type R is the biggest/Highest flowing recerc BOV out there, I wonder what the ID of the hole in the flange is ?

Can't seem to find hem for sale in the UK either

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
How did you get on with this Steve? did it solve the MAF surge problem. At high boost and light to medium throttle the affect is getting on my nerves now so I'm thinking of something like this. I'm guessin gwith your E-manage and MAF sensor the problem has gone a way?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Not done anything about it yet :? After a little more research I'm not sure the bigger dump valve is the cure to be honest.

I do have another experiment to try out ;-)

ashills

the type R valve is massive i used to have one on my evo
it was so big in fact the car felt like to much air was vented and all momentum was lost but 00sid is using same and his is ok maybe i had a soft spring as there are different options

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Can't you just use 2 x BOV's

If you aleady have an HKS one just get another and fit that into the pipework??

Rishi

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not running any kind of BOV, its like running a BOV with a very stiff spring. At idle I have no problems and at high boost, fast gear chnages its fine too but its every day middle bit when running at 1.8Bar. I can drive round it but if makes the map feel bad when really its just the MAF getting confused. The two options are then a MPA sensor or a BIG atmos DV and blow through setup. I know Steve was at a similar point and my research makes me think any BOV on a high boost car needs careful setup and needs to be a precision (Expensive) piece of kit. I'm thinking to spend £50 on a MAP sensor to solve the problem instead. Awaiting feedback from others at the moment.