Hesitation

chrisniss91

My car over the last few weeks has picked up an annoying hesitation proiblem, i will go to accelerate and it just doesnt want to go. i would normally put it down to the weather but its not that hot today plus i have a front mount

G

Gaz-R

Have you checked the ecu for a fault code[?]
might be worth ago.

GINGA

Thats my problem to at the moment, its really annoying[:(!] changed det sensor today and hoping that will fix it, if it doesn't i'm not going to be a happy bunny as i can't find f all wrong with anything[:(]

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's

chrisniss91

What sort of things should i be looking for[?]Leads, sparkplugs etc. Also i have just realised that it's only started to happen since i removed all the bonnet vents The two side vents and teh big leather one could that have anything to do with it[?]I thought that its letting air in especially the big cheese grator one[8)][:)]

J

J-GTi-R

Ha ha, time to get the WD-40 out...

Yeah, sounds just like the problem I had when I took my side vent blanks out. It took me a while to find out where the water had got to, so if it doesn't immediately cure the problem don't assume it isn't wet electrics.

J.

Willing to exhange body parts for tuning bits... my kidney for a new clutch anyone???

chrisniss91

quote: Have u got a sparkplug cover?

Yes i have got one[:)]I just put the big leathery cover back on and drove it and the hesitation was still there a little bit but much much better than before[:)]

zia

hi mate is the idle ok.no irratic revs? i,ve you checked air filter?
i you sure its not misfiring? is it ok when you rev it.
does turbo produce boost?what rpm is the hesitation occuring?

zia

lord of the "R"

zia

is the idle ok? i would suggest you start at the plugs check the normal stuff and plugs. dizzy cap, rotor arm.check maf connections?
it could be something simple or you might have to take it to someone with dignostic equip.

zia

lord of the "R"