hesitation under full throttle

I

inFOCUS

When giving it full throttle the engine seems to stutter and hesitate at about 4-5000 rpm??????

A

Anonymous

HT Leads, and I have also had this due to a dodgy connection to the MAF sensor

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
also check:

- sparkies and their gaps (might be out)
- fuel pressure (pump might be going)
- fuel quality (might have a bad batch)
- air leaks (intake side)

[go the trouble diagnosis manual section!]

J

jaigtir

My car seems to hesitate a bit when im running one bar. I think its the fuel pump, so might as well get an upgraded one

B

bean

Shalom said:
also check:

- air leaks (intake side)

[go the trouble diagnosis manual section!]
Whereabouts do you get leaks on the intake side?

I

inFOCUS

smiff said:
Water in the plugs.
yep found water in the end plug which isn't covered by the IC.

dried it all out but still got problem, new plugs and leads going on this weekend.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
bean - usually anywhere theres a pipe thats clamped (like either side of the stock i/c) the manual says: pinch the blow-by hose (that short one near the throttle spring) to see if the engine speed rises - if so, you have an "intake air leak" - find and repair

infocus - ahh the old water in plug#1 trick - the sparkie will probably be fouled - keeping the vent plate in place on that side when parked outside in storms can avoid this

B

bean

Shalom said:
bean - usually anywhere theres a pipe thats clamped (like either side of the stock i/c) the manual says: pinch the blow-by hose (that short one near the throttle spring) to see if the engine speed rises - if so, you have an "intake air leak" - find and repair
Thanks, I'll try that this weekend.

I reckon I might have a leak somewhere as I can't turn my boost up past standard using my dawes device. Keep unscrewing it too raise boost but it won't go past 550mm/hg on the boost gauge. :(