Here we go again.. Clutch fluid..

J

justin666

While doing a spot of cleanin under the bonnet the other day I noticed that the hydrolic fluid in the clutch reservoir was looking a bit low.. By a bit low I mean down past min..!!!! :(
Now, I have noticed that the clutch has been feelin a bit... squiffy, over the past month or so but its not slipping and its still biting hard but its just felt slightly different to how it normally does.. Almost a little lighter if ya know what i mean.. :?: No.. OK.. anyway.. Now normally i would assume this loss of fluid and funny clutch feel would be down to the master cylinder but seeing as it was replaced exactly 2 years ago Im guessing that it may be some kind of leak from a pipe or a seal..?? any ideas where I should be looking..??
There is no fluid comming into the footwell via the pedal which makes me think that it cant be the master cyclinder.... am I thinking right or talking shite..???

Any suggestions greatly recieved so Thanx in advance. :)

Laters
J..

M

Mr Overboooost

have a look at the clutch slave cylinder and the hose that goes to it to see if they look wet.
the main culprit usually is the clutch hose leaking ot of one of the joints in the pipe.
hope this helps :)
cheers
gary :)

J

justin666

Cheers Gary.. :)

Now I Know where to start I will have a look at some point tomorrow :D Fingers crossed its nothing to expensive..!!!

Laters
J...

J

J-GTi-R

the main culprit usually is the clutch hose leaking ot of one of the joints in the pipe.
Yeah that was the culprit when I had the same problem.

E

Edd

same here, had same problem damn hose, try and get a braided one (pm skiddusmarkus as he had batch made up)

A

AZ STE

This is a general fault on our cars if you follow the hose to the front of the car where it attaches to the slave cylinder they leak where the banjo is crimped on to the hose the oil then trickles down the hose usually ending up in a pool on top of the gearbox.