Help with wiring on central locking motor

houghy_1

Ive come to fit a new central locking motor,the problem is this..

The old unit has 5 wires coming out of it..black,white,brown,blue and green.
the new one only has 2,blue and green.

From the R's wiring there is
...a red and a black wire which connect to blue and green respectively on the motor
and..black wire and a green with black stripe which connect to black and brown respectively on the motor.
The white wire on the motor isnt connected to anything by the way.

Just wondering where i go from here???

clickable thumbnail

Cheers,

Matt

A

another sunny

i think that will be a no then. Ask them how to time the engine in the dark while pissed and you will get pages of replies.

peterkiwi

what sort of alarm do you have? Basically red and black should be negative pulse when unlock/lock, test the output with a test light or multimeter first but connect black to blue and red to green. If the lock unlocks when it should lock just swap them around.

If your confused test each wire and let me know what you find at each one when you lock/ unlock. should be a postive going to a negative when butto pressed.

houghy_1

The alarm is a cat 2 cobra immobiliser and a cat 1 sigma alarm.

I have been told it might have something to do with the alarm.
That there should only be a red and a black for the lock and unlock pulse??

I'll have a look see if i can work it out this weekend,
well i'll get someone to look for me that is,i dont know jack about electrics/wires etc.:oops:

cheers for replying.

Matt

Mr GTiR

Matt, why have you not phone me ? :doh:

There are 2 type of solanoide/poppers/motors you can get. Either 2 or 5 wire. It sounds like you have the wrong one.

Matt (Marshal - who did your clocks) has loads of them in his van ;-) I'm sure i have a spare one (brand new, unopened) at my mums.

Call me sometime to get this sorted out :-D

houghy_1

Andy: i got the motor of pete and it was the same as his so i presumed it'd be a straight forward job.
It was only when i noticed there were more wires that it puzzled me:?

Had no idea there'd be 2 types of motor:doh:

Ill give you a ring saturday.

Matt

Mr GTiR

houghy_1 said:
Andy: i got the motor of pete and it was the same as his so i presumed it'd be a straight forward job.
Pete has a different alarm to you so will work in a different manner.

You really need to be speaking to Matt Marshall, i'll pm you his number ;-)

P

Pete

the thing i dont understand is why is there 5 wires your door motor only locks and unlocks so what do the other 3 wires do

vizi0n

these motors use 5 wires for the "front doors" because they will also send a signal to the control unit to unlock the other doors whenever the door is unlocked from the outside (or inside)

the wires you need to plug are GREEN and BLUE, and the 12v will be received via one and earthed via the other one when the signal is sent to the control unit to either lock or unlock.

I have one of those fitted in my driver side, and linked the control box to my alarm system. The way it works is that it sends a signal to unlock my driver door, and the sensor on the door lock of that door sends a signal to the passenger door to unlock

if you follow the wiring, you should have a little black box inside the car that controls the door lock system (7 or 8 connectors if i recall correctly) and you have to use the last 2 (unused) wires to link it to your alarm system

Last edited:

houghy_1

AHHHHH:thumbsup:

If i remember right i think there was a central locking unit of some kind behind the kick panel trim,
didnt take much notice at the time cos i was tidying up my wiring down the conduits.

Ill be glad when its sorted thats for sure.:p

Like i said in my last post i think i'll let Matt sort it out for me cos he wired in my digi dash in my nova
(astra GTE dash to go with the tuned astra GTE engine;-) )

Matt