Help with injectors

Tahlil

Hi

Need some help please guys.

I am looking to buy a pulsar. However it has a issue where if the car is warmed up it starts to send fuel through to the injectors. It has the 350z injectors. The owner said the cars been parked for more then three years and it just needs to be driven. The pulsar has also been remapped.

Could some one help with the above and tell me if this problem is serious as i am a newbie to all this.

Thank you

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do you mean the injectors are leaking with the engine off when it is warm? as with the engine on it would be a problem if fuel wasn't getting through.

Tahlil

Hi

No the owner said while the car is started after about 20 mins the injectors would flood with fuel but after a few revs car was fine.

I know its not much information but i couldnt make out clearly what he was trying to say

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So maybe a thermostat/thermometer problem? When the car is warm it's overfuelling and floods the engine?

If it's actually pissing out of the injectors I'd swap them out before the fuel drips on to the exhaust.

Tahlil

Hi guys,

Just an update i have picked up the car today and all is fine except a few things, wanted to know if you guys could help. So injectors seem fine no fuel flooding**not sure why the previous owner mentioned this* however in 5th gear its judders and very slow to pick up speed. Any ideas why? Also the temp gauge doesnt work either.

johnny gtir

Can you tell us anymore on the spec Ecu type etc. Has it got white dials fitted ? Could be the gauge. Could be the sender. How hot have you had the car i.e. Short drive long drive ? Have you had the fans kick in ?

Tahlil

Not sure what make the ecu is. Yes it has white dials. I drove it from scotland so 300 miles the needle did not move at all i cant figure out why it was struggling in 5th gear

johnny gtir

Clocks. White dials can jam the needle or hard to fit due to removal of existing needle and the motor moves and when you refit needle it reads wrong or not at all. Could be the sensor aswell but first guess would be the above

BMCC

Check out the wiring to the temp gauge sender unit. It may just have broken. Sensor is in the elbow just below the Brake M/C and it is the one with only one wire, the ECT sensor for the ECU is next to it and has more than one wire.