help with central locking

E

Evil_GtiR

My central lock works fine but not the lock and unlock function for my car alarm. I don;t know where to connect the wires for the relay, which has three wires, orange, yellow and black. Any ideas please? Or if possible any pictures of how the wiring looks behind ur driver doors?

Keira

Dont quote me on this but i'm pretty sure you need another motor for the passenger door lock to get the central locking to work off a key fob.

vaguely remember the matey who did mine saying something about it [?]

Although reading your post again thats got nothing to do with the wiring [:)]

It's a big black fly swat

A

Anonymous

Yeah when I got my clifford system fitted, on the invoice it said slave motor for central locking system.

Dan

E

Evil_GtiR

yes, I have got the motor for it, the problem is tat I don't know how to connect it, as my driver side door was crashed by someone and replaced with a new door. The panel guys didnt wire up the motor properly and it's making a nuisance to unlock and lock the doors only with the alarm remote though. The situation now is, when i unlock the alarm and doors, the central locking unlocks and then locks itself at the same time. And vice versa if I lock the car with remote. It seems like something is making it unlock and lock at the same time.

J

jasegould

When u say it locks and unlocks at the same time, do u mean it locks then unlocks itself straight after?
Sounds like something is jammed/stiff if it locks then unlocks when u operate the alarm. Sometimes if the central locking motor feels too much resistance (ie somethings jammed) it will unlock itself.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

E

Evil_GtiR

Hmm, no it actually unlocks and locks at the same time, so no matter if I want to unlock or lock the doors, the central locks just goes unlock and lock....wierd man

quote:Originally posted by jasegould2002
When u say it locks and unlocks at the same time, do u mean it locks then unlocks itself straight after?
Sounds like something is jammed/stiff if it locks then unlocks when u operate the alarm. Sometimes if the central locking motor feels too much resistance (ie somethings jammed) it will unlock itself.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

zia

if you take the trim off have a look at the solenoid that operates
the lock there should be a rod from the latch to the sol using the alarm arm it and disarm you,ll notice the sol working there should be union with some screws check the play or tightness of the screw in the full unlocked position.
(possible solution)[;)]
zia

lord of the "R"

E

Evil_GtiR

Yes I checked the Screws and the solenoid and it's working fine.

J

jasegould

What prob happening is that the motor is operating but is unable to operate fully because the rod is too tight/not long enuf. If its like mine, where the rod from the aftermarket motor joins the one already fitted, try lenghtening it slightly. If the motor cant operate to its full extent it will lock itself again.
The motor has 2 positions, if it cant reach one itll go back to the other....if that makes sense???????