help needed window wobble??

J

jaxon_b

i have a black nissan sunny which i am planning to convert into a pulsar replica.

im in need of help !!!! my drivers side window does not seat correctly it is fine when the window is undoing and dunup, but once you try to do the window up the glass moves from front to back??? ( it is not large movemnt but it is enough to stop the glass from doing up and you often have to use your hand 2 centralise it, classy huh! does anybody know what is causing it? several people have muttered things about window runners but no one know how to fix this problem, so any advise or help about how to fix this would be great :-D many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray

My old Nissan Sunny used to do this aswell with the wind up window on the drivers side the window used to fall forwards so had to hold it to put it up

I just lived with it, think it has something to do with it not sitting properly though

Mr GTiR

Get a can os silicon spray (from any motor factors or Halford) and spray it down the window runners i.e. the left and right hand side of the windows. Once sprayed on move your window up and down several times to work the silicon into teh runners. You may have to do this quite a few times to loosen any dirt or get the runners soft enough for them not to grip your windows on the way up.

It's quite a common fault on older cars as it’s just age.

Once they are nice and free wipe off any excess off your windows.

All it takes is 5 minutes and job done!