HELP! First Service

A

Anonymous

I've just got a Nissan Pulsar and it needs a service so i been told by people but i dont know what to service i mean what to change or add on. if there is some1 out there who knows what to do in a service plz can u reply back to me and let me know what to do plz

thanks

hmmm

the main parts to change are the oil filter and oil. Use castrol rs 10w60 or millers 10w60. The oild filter can be bought from nissan and shouldnt cost more then £10.

MarkTurbo

If it was me:
I'd do an oil + filter change,
Drain the coolant and flush out the radiator, then new antifreeze
Check the brake and clutch fluid levels
Check the oil level in the gearbox, transferbox, and rear diff
Check the plugs
If its still got the standard airbox then check the airfilter
And check all the discs and pads for wear

Should keep you busy for a while :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you don't know when it was last done, do all of the above plus.....
Fuel filter
leads
dizzy cap
rotor arm
standard air filter (for the price of it)

Even if you do it yourself, you'll be looking at around £200 for bits. The oil is the bulk of it. (7 litres for the transmission and engine oil come to about £100)

A

Anonymous

Fast Guy said:
Even if you do it yourself, you'll be looking at around £200 for bits. The oil is the bulk of it. (7 litres for the transmission and engine oil come to about £100)
That's not 7l of the 10w60 by the way! :wink: You don't want to put that in your transmission! :shock:

Dunc

antgtir

Duncan said:
Fast Guy said:
That's not 7l of the 10w60 by the way! :wink: You don't want to put that in your transmission! :shock:

Dunc
LOL, that would most definately spell disaster lol.

Yeh do everything you can from the list and you'll be laughing. At least you'll know that everything is done and you know when to do it again next, keep on top of it if you can cause it'll bite you in the ass if not.

Best of luck and happy motoring mate :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Duncan said:
Fast Guy said:

Dunc
That's why I said "7litres for the transmission" "and engine oil" :roll:
:p

hmmm

which would be the best spark plugs to use?

I have heard that the PRF7B are good to use for rtunning standard boost and the PRF8B for running more than 1 boost.

The gap for running standard boost on the PRF7B is 0.9mm

is this all correct?

and whats the deal with those iridium spark plugs..how long do they last?

which engine oil dou guys use?

thanks...hope this helps oput nas aswell

J

jasegould

I use the prf7b, they come ungapped so will need gapping and they are platinum so last 3 years

geetee

prf7b or prf8b plugs can be bought gapped or ungapped.

Gapped ones have an extra number on the plug

eg
prf7b 8 or prf7b 9

The last figure is the gap.

Saves u having to gap em yourself.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)