Helix Group N Clutch Kit....450bhp?

billy187

Will the helix group n clutch kit handle 450bhp? Its currently running 400 and runs perfect but going for a remap soon and want to make sure the clutch is up for the job?

J

jpward

Will the helix group n clutch kit handle 450bhp? Its currently running 400 and runs perfect but going for a remap soon and want to make sure the clutch is up for the job?
Is that the 4 paddle ceramitalic? whats the torque figure as thats more important?

ashills

they do a heavily moddified organic that can cope with over 400 i had near 2 bar on a 3071 and it didnt slip, heavy launching will kill it quickly id imagine

bracpan

Ask them about the 6 paddle and the extra heavy duty presure plate.
It will take more heat that the organic.
Cheers
Phil

billy187

all i know is that its a group n clutch thats in there as thats what the car came with when bought, whats the best thing to do then? do i just get it mapped and then if it slips change the plate?:oops:

are rally nuts the only people that sell the helix now?

bracpan

Mardi Gras are agents for Helix.
If you pm me I have more details on the clutch.
I would say if your not doing standing starts stick with what you got, at least until is slips.
Cheers
Phil

J

jpward

You can deal with Helix direct ;-);-)

The 6 paddle is the best choice if it also has the high pressure plate then it is rated max at 380ft/Lb and bearing in mind theres a safety margin in there it should be ok to around 400 which depending on boost levels etc could have you looking at ~450hp without issue while mapping but I suspect a few heavy launches will not do it any good.

If you get slip while on the dyno it should be quite noticable to the operator, you could then get them to dial out some torque 500rpm before the blip on the map which should stop slip starting and that will be your limit, Edd could explain it better i've only seen it done once before.