heater only blows coldand de-cat

S

snap20

my heater only blows cold,heater pipes are hot,no engine problems.i checked heater control with meter its fine.when i turn key and move heater control i cant hear heater flap moving any ideas i have a jasma exhaust with cat ,bore going in to cat aprox2.5 bore going out 4 or 5 any idea which de-cat will fit is jasma the standard pipe :?:

Stevo

heater matrix maybe blocked.
flush water system out.
i.e un plug water feed to heaster matrix from inside engine bay and put a hose in one of the pipes and wack it on full blast and check for any sandy material comming out.
do the block and rad as well.

IIRC standard pipe is 2.5" so it should fit with some welding :wink:

E

Eyore

Sounds like my problem !

I checked everything and found that the arm that moves when adjusting the heater temp control but the other end is'nt connected to anything and i cant see where it should go.... you might have the same problem ???

if not could you look (its not easy but from the passanger footwell, almost directally behind the matrix) above the foot blower vents...

TIP:- if it stops blowing on all speeds ie. 1 & 2 but ok on 3 then the reststor pannell (found passanger footwell nere ecu with a big plug on the back) is faulty either swap (2 8mm bolts) or make your own... but i cant rember the values at the mo i will post em up later....

Good Luck...

Ian