heater not working?

nismoboy

im not able to get any heat out of the heater, but then somtimes after long periods of driving i get warm air (not hot) just warm when i direct it on your feet and only when its in this position?

Cant be the stat as ive just changed it. Any ideas

A

Anonymous

nismoboy said:
im not able to get any heat out of the heater, but then somtimes after long periods of driving i get warm air (not hot) just warm when i direct it on your feet and only when its in this position?

Cant be the stat as ive just chaged it. Any ideas
could be that it's air locked.take the rad cap off,turn it up to full heat on heater controls,then give it 5 mins of fast idle.it's better if you've someone to help as they can be used to top up the coolant system and tell you when it stops bubbling.

next time try a search :wink:

Mr GTiR

I had the exact same problem and got a new heater matrix second hand. Took the dash out and inspected my heater matrix. In the end the flap had come loose and as i turned the heaters to warm the rod that controls it was not moving the flap. All i did was grease up the springs and moving bits and it's been fine ever since. If your heater matrix is knackard then i have a spare you can have for free.

nismoboy

Mr GTiR said:
I had the exact same problem and got a new heater matrix second hand. Took the dash out and inspected my heater matrix. In the end the flap had come loose and as i turned the heaters to warm the rod that controls it was not moving the flap. All i did was grease up the springs and moving bits and it's been fine ever since. If your heater matrix is knackard then i have a spare you can have for free.
nice one, i`ll try greasing the spring and stuff first and see it that fixes it.

geoff pine

could be air locked or could be the bottom heater flap is not opening behined the center consol just above the ecu on the passenger side is athin rod this opens the heater flap [door]see if this moves when the heater controls are turned on if not un clip the rod from the small plastic clip with a thin screwdriver then pull the rod towards you yuo should fell it moving and things should get hot this has solved my no heat problem for now :lol: having replaced the heater controls and found it made no differance

nismoboy

goeff pine said:
could be air locked or could be the bottom heater flap is not opening behined the center consol just above the ecu on the passenger side is athin rod this opens the heater flap [door]see if this moves when the heater controls are turned on if not un clip the rod from the small plastic clip with a thin screwdriver then pull the rod towards you yuo should fell it moving and things should get hot this has solved my no heat problem for now :lol: having replaced the heater controls and found it made no differance
ive checked this and the rod is already in the towards me position so this cant be the problem.

geoff pine

does the door open and close when you use the heater controls on mine its aslider from hot to cold . this is how i sorted mine unclip the rod pull it forward as far as it would go then re cliped it back in place switch of air con so blue light went out theres arow of buttons six in total click them so there all off then click the one farest away fro the drivers seat should be just one green light when the engine has warmed up temp guage half way should get heat in cabin ifound that if i did not clip the rod in place before iswitched the controls on the door just shuts its self and i got no heat make sure the the fan switch is turn to 3 if you get heat on 3 but not on the other settings then thats easy to fix if that will not work then sorry i could not help

paz

if you've not already check your coolant levels, my heaters worked but put out no heat when the coolant was low and the car was overheating.

paz

Mr GTiR

Check that the two heat matrix matri pipes going through the bulk head are warm. When the engine is nice and warm stich your hand down the back of the bulk head and have a feel.

If the pipes are hot/warm then it's a problem inside your car i.e. heater matrix, heater control, etc. If they are cold then you have a problem in the engine bay side of things.

Hope this helps.