Heater matrix/heater flap/heater control panel

T

The Rat

I've read eleventy million old posts and none of them have helped me sort my problem so here goes;

It's the old 'heater only blows cold' thread.

I've chanced the thermostat, flushed the matrix, bled the system up properly. I still have no hot air, only the bottom matrix hose is warm (inward?). I read on an old thread that the heater control cable sometimes fails on cold, took it out and the slider is electrical plug. I'm assuming the cable connects to the heater control flap on other end, can someone tell me how to locate this and is it a dash out job etc??

Any info much appreciated :D

nismoboy

I have the same problem, somtimes i do get warm air if i have it on my feet, but only warm never hot.

maybe the rad needs to be bled? when bleeding the rad are u supposed to have the heater on?

Mr GTiR

first thing's first, on the heater matrix pipe going through the bulk head, are these pipes warm when the engine is hot?

If so then it's a problem with the cable/electric side of the flap on the matrix on the inside of the car.

If not then you have a blockage somewhere in the engine bay.

For the heater matrix to come out it's a full dash out job. I know cos i had the same problem. I even got a whole new haeter matrix system and was going to replace everything but in the end found that the flap was stuck.

Let me knwo if you need the dash out. If you can bring the car to me in Manchester i'll have the dash out in 15 mins!! Me and my bro are every good at removing dashes :wink:

nismoboy

Mr GTiR said:
first thing's first, on the heater matrix pipe going through the bulk head, are these pipes warm when the engine is hot?

If so then it's a problem with the cable/electric side of the flap on the matrix on the inside of the car.

If not then you have a blockage somewhere in the engine bay.

For the heater matrix to come out it's a full dash out job. I know cos i had the same problem. I even got a whole new haeter matrix system and was going to replace everything but in the end found that the flap was stuck.

Let me knwo if you need the dash out. If you can bring the car to me in Manchester i'll have the dash out in 15 mins!! Me and my bro are every good at removing dashes :wink:

ive found my problem the rod behind the dash next to the ecu was stuck in the away position so i disconected the rod this end and pulled it towards me and this has now let the hot air through :D ive wedged the rod in this position for now. But i guess now im gonna get hot air all the time :cry: what do i have to do the fix this? cheers nis.

nismoboy

anyone know what has to be replaced ? is this arm controllered by a motor? what do i need to do to fix this? thanks