Heater Blower

I`m having a prob with my heaters in the car,
They only operate at number 4, in other posiions they do nowt :x

Is this a common prob, and will it be the switch or the fan motor at fault?
Or is their a seperat control box their for it?

Any help appreciated

Davie

kenan

South West Regional Rep
As he said. Just make sure you fit it the right way round. First one I put in wrong and took the resistors off teh board and had to get another :doh:

soin

no way , ive had this same problem for 3 years or more , assumed it was the unit itself ..
please explain more on this heater card ... what are they and where do you fit them ?

i d love to be able to get my climate control back up and running

kenan

South West Regional Rep
the heater card is under the glove box, back left hand side. Two screws holding it in and out she pops, might be eaiser to take the pulg off first thinking about it. Pulsarboby has them like said above. Real easy fix :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

no, the heater card is basically a variable resistor which cuts down the current to allow the blower to run at the various speeds and if its boogered it will send full power through to the blower when switched on.
but if you have no blower at all then i would check fuses, switch and possibly blower unit has burnt out (but unlikely)

antgtir

I had a similar problem and it was the switch unit itself. If you get a second unit that has a good switch you can transfer them quite easily. The connections burn out quite easily. Usual electrical crap :lol:

Ant.

steven_c

ah i have ordered a new new blower unit (well 2nd hand) to try tried all the fuse's etc, check wiring next..

S

stu wiltshire

Mine just blows hot all the time on the big long vent on top of the dash?even on cold?
Whats that?

S

stu wiltshire

Thats what i thought,doh!
hhmmm cant wait to take that around the track in the summer

S

stu wiltshire

Good point,never book anything early when you own a pulsar haha