Heat wrapping boost pipes? Good or bad?

k20 gtr

I'm away to wrap my exhaust, I have a front mount and am going to do the return pipe to the inlet manifold from where it entres the engine bay to stop heat soak.
Now would it be sensible to wrap the outlet pipe from the turbo passing up over the manifold and threw the inner wing or would I be effectivley trapping more heat in and having a negative effect, I cant decide so I will you guys:oops::oops::oops:

THANKS GUYS

skiddusmarkus

I heat wrapped mine then put some reflective blanket on it.

Have since had a gt3071 fitted which has meant chopping the pipework a little and has moved it closer to the manifold and not all covered in heatwrap-it got absolutely boiling after 10 miles of off boost driving so is something for me to sort out.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There is some debate about this, but I think the above is probably the right approach. - It makes sense to me to exhaust wrap the hot side of the intercooler (to stop more heat getting in off the run over the exhaust etc), but the outlet side should probably be the silver reflective stuff.

Having said that, I just lagged the whole lot because you get a lot of wrap out of a roll.