headligt vent

A

Anonymous

does anyone no where to get the headlight vent(goes where the nearside headlight is)as on sumo powers skyline?
ive seen a pulsar that had one of these but cant remember where :cry:
can anyone help :?: :?:

C

Crazy

Yes the R with the headlight vent used to be Matt Olver's car but it is now owned by Gaz R so you could PM one of those 2 as they are both GTiR members to find out where they bought it! 8)

Hope this helps..................let us know how you get on because I also would like one of these! :)

J

jasegould

Cant buy them...you have to make them yourselves.
Its a messy affair involving vaseline, clingfilm and fibreglass :?

Have you tried a search coz im sure this has been covered before

Jay

G

gotoinstant-redline

vaseline and clingfilm?? you ametures.. :)

you nedd to make a mould.. eg out of wood or clay etc etc.. then cover it with release agent. then do a gelcoat layer (for super smooth finish) then fibreglass and resin.. leave to set.. takes a few hours.. but best to leave it for 24-48 hours to make it finishes the curing process fully. this reduces the chance of it warping after you take it off the mould.

easy really.

L.

G

gotoinstant-redline

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/CFS_Catalogue_Polyvinyl_Alcohol_PVA_78.html

thats the stuff you are after..
i have found the best way to apply it, is to put it in a plant spray and give the whole surface a thin layer of release agent.
wait for that to fully dry and then so a second coat.

make sure your mould isnt porous or it will absourb the release agent and the gelcoat or resin layer will then stick to the mould and not come off !

L.

J

Jon T

GoToInstant-Redline said:
vaseline and clingfilm?? you ametures.. :)

you nedd to make a mould.. eg out of wood or clay etc etc.. then cover it with release agent. then do a gelcoat layer (for super smooth finish) then fibreglass and resin.. leave to set.. takes a few hours.. but best to leave it for 24-48 hours to make it finishes the curing process fully. this reduces the chance of it warping after you take it off the mould.

easy really.

L.
Well, this sounds like an offer to start mass producing them :)

G

gotoinstant-redline

heh, it could well be :)

i dont even know what it is i would be building tho! i've still not seen a pic of what needs building!!!

L.

A

antilag

i am trying to make a dummy headlight cover at the moment to slot over a similier vent

LeeSmith

I guess it is legal in the daytime.....but u can always say it fell out :-D u will only get a producer and u just swap them back over

G

gotoinstant-redline

they could stick you with an on the spot fine of up for 60quid i think too.

i had a similar idea last year. except i was going to take out othe indicators and mount smaller ones in the bumper. then block over the off side one and turn the near side one into a vent.. and maybe stick a small naca duct on the bonnet to feed down. both these 2 vents would feed into an airbox behind the offside headlight.

L.

A

Anonymous

I've got twin head lights on my Williams and had thout about removing the outer lens and adding a vent. I've just never got round to doing it! :oops:

Dunc