Headlight cold air intake

mattytappy

OK guys now this is gunna sound really chavy:oops: but a while ago i saw a thread on a headlight cold air feed that someone had posted....it was almost like a how too as it had pictures of a guy building up an old headlight unit back,:roll: into a cold air feed duct on the passenger side...ive seen these on skylines and other cars and as ive moved my battery to the boot now and have just stuck in a 3"straight intake pipe which now sits neatly behind the passenger side headlight im keen to try and make one of these or even buy one if possible so i can try and cram a bit more cold air and maybe a few more poneys out of my rust bucket...any help or poointers would be apprecited...cheers guys and gals:)

P

pulsarboby

that was a good idea and a quality bit of fabricating there! i tried to find the post but couldnt.

MINESGTIR

its not about being simple though its about being effective... let me tell you this made a massive difference... each to their own of course.. a lot of people wouldnt be arsed to do what i have but it works for me very well !!

MINESGTIR

Dooie Pop Pop said:
doesn' t that divert air away from the ps brakes? iv seen a simpler one made by rebuilding the headlight...
Its been there over a year now.. have NEVER noticed anythnig happen to the brakes.. those brake cooling ducts are :lol: :lol:
they dont do anything...

:thumbsup:

Dooie Pop Pop

MINESGTIR said:
Its been there over a year now.. have NEVER noticed anythnig happen to the brakes.. those brake cooling ducts are :lol: :lol:
they dont do anything...

:thumbsup:
fair enough, i can appreciate the effort you' ve gone too anyway cos it looks so 8) but the headlight conversion is effective too. though at least with this way you get lights at night :lol:

i give in.. yours is better.

Last edited:

mattytappy

cold air intake

looks like a good idear,something to consider,...but the one i was thinking off looked more like a hollow headlight.....still retaining its original shape and space of the headlight but with a gapeing grape hole for the air to rush in...not sure off the performance gains but any cool air rushing in straight to the intake has got to provide some bhp advantage...if not help the turbo spool up that bit quicker....would have thought as well that the faster you go the more air will be crammed in so with any luck giving a bit more performance.....i will keep trying to find the post as the guy who made it did a really good job...infact it may have even been on the modifiers club page.......but if anyone can help in finding it i would give them a big wet juicy KISS......;-) if there lucky:lol: . also if i can find the post and see how its been made i was thinking off maybe trying to get it made out of carbon fibre? depending that is its not gunna cost the moon....so if anyone has any leads or idears it really would be appreciated guys and gals:thumbsup:

rayman75

you thinking of anything like this?

i havent moved on from how it is in the last pic.

i think your better off taking the headlight out like i did on a recent 1/4mile event at snetterton

mattytappy

:-D well done that man...thats exactly what im on about but just built up apound the edges more to make an outer shape of the oe headlight so it funnels a bit more air into the hole.....did you notice much of a gain up the 1/4 mile? i take it that its a work in progress fella....looking good though....i may have to follow suit;-)

rayman75

mattytappy said:
did you notice much of a gain up the 1/4 mile?

tbh mate not really anything noticeable. it must have done something if you think logically must be getting more air in.