head unit wiring

gtirneil

Im trying to fitmy head unit, it has an iso connector on the back but the wires to the rest of the car doesnt, so i need to know which wires are for what (speakers/battery/etc) so i can fit a block connecter.

Does this make sense :?

JIMMYBACK

u can buy a wire adaptor from halfords u need a nissan sunny pickup van lead :? trust me it fits i cos thats wot i use if u do decide to chop the wire u will have a hard time finding out which one is which i would explain further but i get confused :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

6Miester

I have just wired my stereo in-it was a pain in the ass! Iirc the Blue wire is permanant live, black earth and red ignition.

I cut all the speaker wires off and put new cable in-its not fun taking the door cards off and threading the new cable through the door wire protecting sleeve though!

All the speakers in mine were shot so needed replacing-its standard Kenwood stuff i think. Not being much into ICE i just used some speaker wire from Focus.It was the same as the car shops but instead of 75p/metre it was £6.50 for 20!! Oxygen free and quite thick so not crap, and mjuch better than the thin rubbish thats standard.

If you need any help its still fresh in my mind! :wink:

gtirneil

I can find the speaker wires easily enough it was the live and earth and stuff that i didnt know about, cheers lads :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just watch you don't earth the radio through the illumination circuit, or when you turn the lights on at night and the radio on together, the car will fill with smoke as it tries to burn out the wiring loom. :shock:

gtirneil

Fast Guy said:
Just watch you don't earth the radio through the illumination circuit, or when you turn the lights on at night and the radio on together, the car will fill with smoke as it tries to burn out the wiring loom. :shock:
Hmm now you say that it reminds of a few words...

Punto
DVD player
Dodgy wiring
No earth
Lots of smoke
Blown fuses
Broken DVD player

Maybe im best leaving it to a pro :lol:

M

Mike202020

JIMMYBACK said:
u can buy a wire adaptor from halfords u need a nissan sunny pickup van lead
So it's not the "All Nissans apart from Utility Vehicles" one, that I bought yesterday? :doh: