head gaskets ??

A

ali-gtir

hi just new to the forum and wondered what head gasket to use as mine is blowen :doh: and is it worth getting a upgraded one ?
cheers alister

KF79GTIR

Hi ya fella and welcome to the mad house, it all depends on your plans for the car if you leave it standard then just get a standard one he you plan on tuning it then get an uprated one. Kev

davey red.r

yes its worth getting an uprated one,if you are upping the bhp
id check that your head hasnt warped too, before fitting a new one,
an hks 1.2mm comes in at about £180,
id reccomend that for over 280bhp,
but if yours is stock power?and intend staying at stock power? just get a standard one.

davey;-)

A

ali-gtir

cheers. well it has a hks one in it and think its running about 350-400 bhp where would the best place be to get one ?
cheers alister

A

ali-gtir

Odin said:
Hello Alister, I live just up the road in Kintore matey ;-) , And I was running 400 BHP on my standard engine before I rebuilt my engine last year.

You could try Greenline in Japan their offer a pretty good service ;-) .

If you need any help or advice with your car just let me know and I maybe able to help out, I still have a few pulsar spares left as if you get stuck.

I've just broken my car and sold it off in parts.

Rob
cheers 8) do u know one of the mecanics at the rally place in aboyne ?
i spoke to him the other day and he knew of one breaking up that way ? oh i forgot will i need new head bolts ??
cheers alister

P

pulsarboby

graham goode racing is the cheapest place to buy the hks h/g from and they have them in stock!

A

ali-gtir

just had a look at a invoice for a £3500 engine rebuld it has been reboared and it doesnt say to what size :doh: so ill just need to take the head off to see what size to get :doh: or might try give the garage that done it a phone and see if they have any record of it cheers for all the help guys 8)
cheers alister

A

ali-gtir

If you need any help or advice with your car just let me know and I maybe able to help out, I still have a few pulsar spares left as if you get stuck.

I've just broken my car and sold it off in parts.

Rob[/quote] would you have a starter motor ?:doh:
cheers alister

A

ali-gtir

ye got it started lol
any one help on getting the tenshoner off ?? and is there anything to stop the chain coming off the bottom pully ??
cheers alister