head gasket for 94 pulsar

J

jayda

I am looking to buy a pulsar but the head gasket has gone, i was told dey cost a couple hundred?

O

Odin

jayda said:
I am looking to buy a pulsar but the head gasket has gone, i was told dey cost a couple hundred?

Only if you let yourself get ar5e raped by a so called tuner matey :roll: :roll: .

It all depends what you want from your car fella, If you want a standard car then go for Andy's standard gasket at a very good price, Or if you want to mod it in the future then while it's apart fit a steel multi layer gasket for piece of mind ;-) .

Rob

stumo

perhaps the gaskets were going because the head wasn't flat enough or the surface finish wasn't good enough, maybe it wasn't torqued down properly, was anything put onto the gasket(sealer??), were the surfaces clean enough?

there's many reasons for a gasket to fail, all these need to be looked at before slagging off the gasket (which is the easiest thing to do)

J

jayda

i rang up a few mods people and they said, that i shouldnt buy a car which has a head gasket problem because it is probably leading to more problems to the engine!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Thunder God said:
Only if you let yourself get ar5e raped by a so called tuner matey :roll: :roll: .

It all depends what you want from your car fella, If you want a standard car then go for Andy's standard gasket at a very good price, Or if you want to mod it in the future then while it's apart fit a steel multi layer gasket for piece of mind ;-) .

Rob

Add the cost of shipping and its the same as buying one here from the UK... ;-)

Rishi