Harness Mounting Points

olliecast

Hi all,
I`m current trying to mount the waist straps on my harness (4 point).
Have you guys fitted them through a single skin section of the floor with a spreader plate underneath?

I can put one of them onto the standard seatbelt mounting points but its just the other?

Also, have any of you just fitted the shoulder straps to any points in the boot or just used the rear belt mounting points (too steeper angle i know!)

Found this but says nothing about waist straps,

Cheers,
ollie

jjs

hi i fitted mine through single skin of floor, with 50x50 3mm flat plate underneath, and used the seat belt mounting on the drivers side i had a cross bar on my cage for the shoulder straps, but before i had the cage i mounted them on the rear seat belt mounts, but wasnt realy good enough as you said too steep and angle , Jim.

olliecast

Hi jim,
Where abouts was the single skin bit you used? Was it the passenger foot well, transmission tunnel or somewhere else?

Cheers,
Ollie

gtirx2

Lol just replyed to your pm,
I to have read about the angles and like i mentioned in the trs harness instructions it says a max angle of 45degrees where as some other manufacturers only recommend 10degrees?
I have also read that if you are using an fia approved seat it not as much of a problem?Not ideal obviously but safer than using them with a standard seat at that angle.
I also think i read that harnesses mounted in a pulsar in the rear seat belt mounting points are around 47degrees?
Heres where i mounted my lap strap,i will have to double check that its double skinned but i think it was.

Last edited: