handling on high speed

Marci GTi-R

Hi,

What are the best options to improve handling on higher speed? It gets rather bumpy when you push the car to its limits.

What are the basic handling upgrades on these cars?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You may also need to accept that something as aerodynamic as a brick will never feel especially settled at high speed.

Jon Olds

suspension and steering bushes probably help to, as would lowering it (not 'slamming' it: "yoof speek" )

lakeview

considering the amount of bad drivers(especially the ones who drive turbo diesels and think they are driving supercars) on the roads nowdays.do you really want to be trying to get anywhere near 150 on a road

rob

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
considering the amount of bad drivers(especially the ones who drive turbo diesels and think they are driving supercars) on the roads nowdays.do you really want to be trying to get anywhere near 150 on a road

rob
Well somebody has to show the Golf drivers who's the daddy on these roads don't they? ;-)

Your point it well made though.

keastygtir

that feeling always reminds me of going down hill on a push bike to fast! any steering input and your off!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What are the best options to improve handling on higher speed? It gets rather bumpy when you push the car to its limits.
What do you consider higher speed, >60mph or >100mph?

The fact you say bumpy makes me think check dampers. If you have old or worn dampers then a car can feel lethal at higher speeds. What springs dampers are you using?

Joking aside, our cars are not best for >100mph becasue they have a short wheelbase making them less stable.

Marci GTi-R

A lambo gallardo has the wheel base of a ford focus so should not make a difference

I made 160 mph on the Autobahn. I live near the German border so let it go sometimes.