Handling Kit advice..

B

Boo

Guys,

I know this has been crossed a few times - but I can't seem to find the right thread.

I'm in the process of potentially selling my car, but as most people who've tried selling their beloved R... It's really quite hard to say bye bye.

So I set about doing some sum's, upgrading the handling of the car. should a keep the car.

So far, I have:

Hiteq lowering springs 30mm
Whiteline front strut brace
Whiteline Rear strut brace.

I'm thinking of adding:

Bumpsteer Kit... £200
Whiteline Handling Kit Package... £290 (listed below)

Adjustable rear ARB
Anti Lift kit
Front Swaybar link bush kit
Front swaybar D bush kit
Front Camber adjust bolt kit
Rear Camber bolt kit

SO - the questions is -

Does anyone have this set up and whats the improves like?
Should the shockers/dampers need upgrade with this lot?

Anyone had this lots fitted together and can give me a labour cost (ish)?

Thanks in advance

Ta

Ben

turblio

Ben you are so right to keep and mod mate, had a drive in the guys Evo6
next door at work very nice but I cannot bring myself to pay the money
they want for them :roll: and at least with the R you dont mind getting your hands dirty, plus you have this queer forum :lol: what more could you want?!
Frank

B

Boo

Franky...

You are right - I have spent ages and ages going from car to car - trying to find something to satisfy.... Then when I think I've found something, we get a cold morning and a to55er on the road wanting a play... GTi-R takes another scalp... which I wouldn't get in many another cars I can afford...

By the way - saw you this morning on the A4, don't think you saw me... I drive past your road most evenings around 1630, you back by then for a cuppa?

Ta

Ben

turblio

No didnt see you, dont drive the R to work much now but sometimes just
cant leave it at home! speshly when theres all the BMW and Porsche prats
to race on the way to work :lol: and yeah defo pop in for a cuppa mate
will be in by 5pm

Frank

M

memski

Ben, I had that lot fitted with my coilovers and it was the bollocks. No fear turning into corners, much better turn in too. Now I've had the coilovers removed because I damaged one :roll: and am back on standard dampers and springs again with the above kit and the car handles like shit :( I had the tracking set as soon as the stock suspension was fitted.

I think you will notice a dramatic change in handling, but getting decent dampers/coilovers fitted will make it even better.

I know there are a lot of people who hate coilovers but there's no way I'm going back to anything else now I've had a before and after sample.

B

Boo

Mem,

Cheers for the reply.

Which Coilovers do you have?

Not being that clued up on damper/coilovers - which set up/kits are available...?

Ta

Ben

A

AZ STE

Ive got the full setup inc lowered 30mm but kept the standard shocks .Had previous car with coilovers and it just wasnt fun to drive. this setup seems a good compromise for every day driving

M

memski

Ben, I've got Tein HA's. Very solid ride compared to standard so it depends on what you intend to use the car for, I've had plenty of complaints (mainly from girls! :roll: ), but I love the way the car handles with them on. If your roads are shite then don't bother, but you can always specify what spring rate you want...