Handling advice

• Thread starter stevenrsturbo@aol.com
  • Start date
S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

have tein coilovers with adjustable top mounts at moment,, am considering changing all bushes,,
what other changes can i make to firm things up /????

also what bush kit would anyone recommend,, ????

C

Crazy

Front and rear Strut braces :D

Lower Strut brace :twisted:

Bumpsteer kit :wink:

All the Whiteline bits (roll bars-Anti lift-rear subframe) :)

But also try a search mate before any of the old moaners start on you. :D

R

r5ben

whats the bump steer kit all about wher can you get that from ?? what does it do ?? :oops:

kyepan

r5ben said:
whats the bump steer kit all about wher can you get that from ?? what does it do ?? :oops:
it transforms the handelling of the car. it takes it from being a nose heavy understeer prone lurch monster.. into a nimble agile shiet hot cornering rocket..

when you turn in.. it now does
when your mid turn you can squeeze the loud pedal and it goes faster - previously it would just slide away in a big understeer all day event.

it does this by sorting out the dodgy suspension geometry. when you turn in the suspension compresses and the wheels turn out.. thats bad...

so you don't get the full effect of the turn.. all the kit does is keep the wheels pointing where they are supposed to during cornering and it only costs about 120 quid.. from the guy on the forum.

best 120 quid i ever spent on the r..

its like having two c0cks..

O

Odin

Fitted the bumpsteer kit yesterday when I had a full alinement done, And I must say it does make a hell of a difference to turn in 8) :wink: .

Takes some getting used to though :oops: .

rob

S

Stoned

vpulsar said:
Fitted the bumpsteer kit yesterday when I had a full alinement done, And I must say it does make a hell of a difference to turn in 8) :wink: .

rob
After I fitted mine it highlighted all the other worn parts of the front steering and suspension, so instead of costing me £120 it's ended up costing a fortune to have it all sorted :lol:

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

Stoned said:
vpulsar said:

rob
After I fitted mine it highlighted all the other worn parts of the front steering and suspension, so instead of costing me £120 it's ended up costing a fortune to have it all sorted :lol:
what else have you changed what else would you recommend ???

E

EVOGUN

There is alot of componets ball joints/tie rods ends/lower control arm bushings/ sway bar bushings/even the Hub bearings if their is play in them. Ask me, I have replaced them all! Now some custom tubular control arms.

A

Anonymous

Will the bump steer kit work on a standard suspension/wheel set up?

youngsyp

Anonymous said:
Will the bump steer kit work on a standard suspension/wheel set up?
Yep, it just replaces the standard Nissan track rod ends with rose jointed affairs !

If it's your first suspension mod, it's a good one. You'll notice the difference immediately !!

D

DOT2DOT

What bumpsteer kits are available. Ive heard the Gordon Kay one and powerstation ones have dodgy rose joints (read about in other thread). Is there any other makes available?

youngsyp

DOT2DOT said:
What bumpsteer kits are available. Ive heard the Gordon Kay one and powerstation ones have dodgy rose joints (read about in other thread). Is there any other makes available?
Nope :wink:

Go for Gordon's one. It's the best design, cheapest and when the rose joints wear out, they are fairly cheap to replace and easy to get hold of ! Just remember to order some dust boots and fill them with grease and they will last a lot longer :lol:

A

Anonymous

i have gordon's kit, but had to shorted the thread on the rose joint of about 5mm because it wasn't possible to adjust the toe alignemet because steering rack rods come into contact with the rose joint...anyone had this problem?