gtir tubular manifold

daz

where can i get a decent one from? how much am i looking at for one? and will it make much difference cause the gtir manifold aint that bad anyway is it ??

S

Sirnixalot

SOrry for being so rash on my first reply. As of right now the options are kinda limited. I know DP make one but id ont remember the price and there were some problems with it which have apparently been sorted.

The standard manifold is good for 420bhp. After that its a restriction.

I am getting one made up myself. But my stuff is a little different from standard.

Its also not really worth changing it until you go for a larger turbo. You will gain like 20-30bhp from it if that. But you will get reduced lag 300-400rpm

Hkondakci

Also the only 2 Japanese tubular manifolds that directly fit the GTi-R head are the GReddy SUS manifold, see pic, and the Phoenix's Power manifold that comes in a full setup kit meant for the Apex'RX6B turbines; the latter one is quite expensive. These items are top craftmanship produtcs. Both uses 3mm thick T304 stainless steel, pipes ID of GReddy is 45mm, and of the Phoenix's Power manifold is 48.6mm.
I know Unlce Ian at Hispec use the HKS tubular manifolds meant for the 200SX SR20DET heads with slight modifications on the GTi-R heads. This is also a probability. In this regrad the Apex'i 200sx manifolds can also be used for the GTi-R heads, also with modifications.

cheers
habib

N

N1SMO

I am not being funny but my greddy manifold only lasted 6 months before it cracked and fell apart. i would never have one again i had to sell my tdo6 25g turbo and extenal wastgates because i could not get a replacement.

Hkondakci

That's quite typical mate; the first story I hear that a TRUST manifold crack's.... I'm very sorry for you to hear you had a bad experience with it. I only know and hear very good feedback, both from users of it and of tuners dealing with these TRUST/GReddy manifolds.
But know for sure that even the best parts can get "kaput" if not used properly; or that the best parts can have factory problems on a few items, being the rest superb in quality.
And why couldn't you get a replacement? And why didn't you have it welded again?

rgds
habib

A

antilag

my greddy has more cracks then an bare a$$ flashing competition in brighton :wink:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i no this mite not be any help but you all no longlife exhaust , well the one buy me makes manifold i as them befor if theyed make one they said yes but it wood cost a bit, all so they make it out of a beter metal them in japane ( im noty sayin that the jap one are shit coz they look the nut and the finish on them look grate ) so if your lookin for one that mite last longer try them .

N

N1SMO

the 200sx ones on ebay say they have lifetime guarantee one piece manderel bent, i no that some minor mods need to be done to get it to fit but hey if it cracks send it back.

P

purplemonster

my mate has just fitted his ( muppet )

see how it gose with his first ?

ROBERT

S

Sirnixalot

N1SMO said:
the 200sx ones on ebay say they have lifetime guarantee one piece manderel bent, i no that some minor mods need to be done to get it to fit but hey if it cracks send it back.
hahahahahahahaha :lol:

A

antilag

if u modify that 200 one they ent gonna let u send it back are they i think sum joey welding and modifying pipes might just void the warrenty lol

N

N1SMO

you dont modify the manifold its some of the turbo and exhaust pipework that needs work done to get it to fit.

Hkondakci

Antilag mate, were are these cracks on the manifold, and when did they appear? Did you use heat wrapping? What kind of boost were you running and what turbo? Did you buy the manifold yourselve new, or did you import the R form Japan with the manifold allready on it? It could be that it had allready a hard live behind it...?

Even so, cracks are eventually a problem on stainless steel maifolds that are very hard to prevent, because of the materials used. If you want a crack free manifold forever, stay put to the standard manifold, that is a tank, but is restricted for major power hikes.

But then again Greddy manifolds were one of the best out there. If these crack than all tubular goodies will crack I presume :cry:

N1SMO try to share your history on this GReddy manifold with us; I like to find out were it all went wrong :shock:

Enlighten me on this please :?

rgds
habib

A

antilag

mate i ent got time to answer all your questions lol but will agree the greddy manifold is the best out there for our car

as for the 200sx manifold surely u cant use a big turbo then cos doesnt the turbo flange sit above the engine mount? or am i wrong

N

N1SMO

Got the turbo manifold and wastegate from japan was told it came from team calsonic, hmmm

it all looked in mint condition no play on turbo no cracks on manifold
put it on the car thermal wrapped the manifold and had my gems ecu mapped to suit the new setup.
After 3 months the manifol cracked in at the turbo joints before the flange, got it tig welded and 3 months later the thing fell apart so many cracks.

its wet in scotland so i figure that very hot ss manifold + big cold puddles of water dont mix.

A

antilag

they need bracing for sure wen i have my engine out i'll sort bracing out and maybe even copy the greddy with my own materials the wastegate definatly needs supporting and id take as much of the turbo weight as possible

S

Sirnixalot

bracing will help it crack......stainless steel expands a fair deal when heated, the brace will not heat up at the same speed putting stress on the manifold.