GTIR rear discs are they different size to GTI rear discs?

BMCC

I ordered some Brembo GTIR rear discs (demon tweeks), I know they are 258mm * 9mm for both the GTIR and GTI discs however the box has a rather ominous GTI not GTIR written in pen on the box! Are the GTI and GTIR rear disc swappable or are the hubs different?

vss irvine

Yes they are different. The gti discs have more offset.

The gtir are shallower an offset.

They dont interchange.

BMCC

Anyway to tell if I have the right disc then, I could take some measurements of what I have been given? Don't get me wrong I could measure the ones on the car but it is raining and I'll have to batter a wheel off!

grim_d

On gtir, face of disc to face of bell is approx 23mm. Measured through my spokes.

It's raining here too ya know. ;-)

BMCC

On gtir, face of disc to face of bell is approx 23mm. Measured through my spokes.

It's raining here too ya know. ;-)
Thanks! apologies i never thought of doing that........ anyway i get somewhere near 30mm but i cant get straight onto the disk without removing the wheel. The brembo disks are 33m from disc face to top of bell so maybe they will fit.....:?

vss irvine

Gtir Disc

Specification
A (Diameter in mm): 258

B (Thickness in mm): 9

C (Minimum Thickness in mm): 8

D (Height in mm): 33

E (Centre Bore in mm): 68

F (Number of Bolt Holes/Stud Pattern): 4+2

All brake discs are supplied as a complete axle set (one pair)tir disc

Last edited:

vss irvine

Gti disc

View all parts for this vehicle
Fitment Specification
Make : Nissan
Model : Sunny
Engine Size : 2.0 GTI 16V
Chassis Code : MK III [1990-2000]
Engine Code : SR20DE
Year From : 01/07/1996
Year End: 01/03/2000
1998ccm 143HP 105KW (Petrol)
Part Specification
Diameter: 258.00mm
Height: 44.50mm
Centre Diameter: 68.00mm
Wheel Studs: 4

BMCC

Gtir Disc

Specification
A (Diameter in mm): 258

B (Thickness in mm): 9

C (Minimum Thickness in mm): 8

D (Height in mm): 33

E (Centre Bore in mm): 68

F (Number of Bolt Holes/Stud Pattern): 4+2

All brake discs are supplied as a complete axle set (one pair)tir disc
If they are measuring the height the same way as me (from disc face to top of bell) then it looks like I've got the right discs.

Thanks for the info.

vss irvine

Height is normally overall.

So you need to subtract the disc thickness ( 8 or 9 mm )to get the face to face measurement.

BMCC

Height is normally overall.

So you need to subtract the disc thickness ( 8 or 9 mm )to get the face to face measurement.
If that's the case its the wrong disks :cry: I'll probably have to batter the old disks off so it looks like the car will be sitting for a bit. I had this with a previous car, took 6 weeks to sort out the right discs with the company!

BMCC

Unfortunately these are the wrong discs! Specifically stated to demon tweeks gtir but instead they send gti. The gtir are about 34mm high but the gti are about 44mm high.

BMCC

So i phoned Demon Tweeks about this and they said that because I put in Nissan Sunny GTIR on their website (you can't put in Pulsar gtir) then they have to take this up with Brembo as to why they would not fit (Maybe tomorrow maybe next year?). Not the Pulsar but the Sunny GTIR (the box says GTI not GTIR in pen so someone in Demon Tweeks is in the know). So it looks like I'm stuck with a set of GTI discs I can't use. 60 odd quid down the drain :evil:

So if you need something for your Pulsar and you ain't 100% sure that the Sunny and Pulsar are exactly the same I'd stay away from the Demon Tweeks website......

Anyone need GTI discs :-D

EDIT:

Looking on the Brembo website they don't show anything for the Sunny GTIR but they do for the GTI:

Brembo Aftermarket Catalogue

So maybe I'll get my money back afterall..........................................

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I suspect it's unfortunately all too common; the muppet at the end of the phone (or at the sales desk) doesn't really know anything about the part they're selling you... and their default position is that it's your fault not theirs.

I was quite surprised when Euro Car Parts took back the track rod ends that wouldn't fit and found ones that would for me; I paid the difference.

BMCC

My intention yesterday on the phone with them was to get this sorted, if they had taken back the discs and offered me a replacement then fine I was willing to spend a bit more to get this sorted. Now I am not too sure. The attitude I got on the phone makes me think that they will get round to this in their own time so I shouldn't be expecting resolution any time soon. I'll give them 24 hrs :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Tell them the parts they've sold you are not fit for purpose and if they can't replace them with the correct parts you expect a full refund. - Sometimes you have to be a bit of an arsehole to get people to do the right thing.

BMCC

Tell them the parts they've sold you are not fit for purpose and if they can't replace them with the correct parts you expect a full refund. - Sometimes you have to be a bit of an arsehole to get people to do the right thing.
Unfortunately that is the point they are arguing; that these discs will fit a Sunny GTIR and that they need to speak to Brembo to confirm that they do/don't. A quick look on Brembo's website shows that they don't list a disc for the Sunny GTIR but they do for the GTI. The part no on the website matches the part no I have on the box. The box even says GTI not GTIR!

I made the mistake of using Sunny GTIR as the website would not let me put in Pulsar GTIR so Demon Tweeks are arguing that I am in the wrong rather than them. Looks to me like yes I am in the wrong for using Sunny rather than Pulsar but the discs they sent as far as I can see won't fit a Sunny GTIR. That is the only hope I've got that they will refund me. So I won't be using Demon Tweeks for any Pulsar parts again as the website has not got that as an option. Even if I am 100% sure that the part is the same for the Sunny and Pulsar.

Empty Pockets

Had a bad experience with them a few years ago aswell, seems they just flat out refuse to help if you have a problem, i'll never use them again.

I bought a whiteline anti lift kit and one of the bolts was manufactured wrong, the bolt must have slipped in the threader as it was threaded at an angle, so the cars on stands, the standard bolts are now too short to use, i'd been everywhere local to find an m10 fine bolt which nobody had, phone up these jokers and was told to buy one from b&q, they'd spoken to whiteline and it wasn't possible to be flawed, flat out refused to take the kit back or replace the bolt.... lol

Empty Pockets

I'd have thought the pulsar and sunny gtir discs are the same, which would null their argument anyway, pm red reading, he'd know as he's got one.