Grill modifications

S

S.J

Hi everyone,

First off, quality site! Got my knickers in a twist when i found it (not that i wear them)

Anyway, I've got a 92 Gti-R, she's been well abused and I've had a fare wack of trouble with it (Engine blew up in the first 3 days of having it, lost the court case etc) but were finaly on the right track now, got a fresh engine in it, new windscreen (the car was the pits basicly).

Now I've ripped the bumper off and meshed it all up, sprayed it etc, an i was happy, till i went to put the grill on! It looks shite.
I've thought of everything, i was going to plastic weld a plate into it and completely smooth it over, but i'm worried about my engine/turbo not getting enough air to it, would this be a problem leaving only the meshed area of the bumper for breathing space?
I was searching for grills etc when i found this site, but on my travels i found some nice grills that are just oval with the inner mesh, perfect! But i can't tell from the pic's i came across whether it was a singular part or attached to this "Turini" bumper.

Is it all as one?

Also, I've looked everywhere for the Turini bumper kit, and have had no luck finding a site that sells them, so if this is the case could someone post a link to where i can buy it?

cheers men/women

Sincerely
The bloke with the shittest R on the net (at the min!)

Keira

just cut the centre out and smooth of the standard grill, dont do your other plan cos it will look like pulsarkids and everyone will take the p!ss out of it cos no one likes his :lol:

A

Allan GTI-R

yeah what's up with the guy that makes the grilles - does he reply to emails ??

I want one :)

Keira

daves computer illiterate, probably dont know how to open them :lol:

i'll wake him up for you :wink:

S

S.J

nice one kieron - that looks mint.
I'll give it ago

i'll post up some pics when I've got the front sorted (zoomed in at the front cause the rest is pants :D)

D

disco dave

sorry mate i havent recived ant emails or private messages about aany grills etc my email address is dave_perryman@hotmail.com the website seems to miss out the under score part imbertween my name may b thats why i havent recived anything

R

r5ben

im in the middel of making one now its harder than it looks theres loads to cut out but when the cuting is done its not to bad looks like people have cut loads more out than me ?? :roll: