Greddy E-01 vs Apexi AVC-R

skiddusmarkus

Anyone had both?What are the advantages/disadvantages of each and how do they compare against each other?
The Apexi has been the daddy for a while now but is getting a bit long in the tooth.The Greddy looks the dogs boll***s but is it as good?

mattygti-r

theGreddy E01's are suppost tobe the nuts....and i can get em cheap like a budgie....

id go for the E-01 purely on looks lol but the skyline boys use em alot and say they are good. :D

323GT-R

It's a bit like a 'Christina or Britney' question, you wouldn't turn either down...

In terms of performance, both are great when set up properly. E-01 needs an external signal harness to display the full range ot data, but it's cheap to buy and allows data logging then of Lambda etc, comes in handy for tuning your car. AVCR allows gear based boost, useful for cars with traction issues - that's not me then! Hopefully one day I'll have enough power to make traction an issue even with 4wd...

To be honest, it's only worth paying for a top line boost controller if you really are going to use all those features, otherwise you might as well go for a Profec B, simple fit and works well. I bought the E-Manage and E-01 together as I couldn't justify a full stand alone management but needed more flexibility than jsut the AVCR + SAFC allowed. The fact that the $ is so low againt the £ makes them a cheap option if you import at the moment.

skiddusmarkus

Well I've bought one now so it's too late Kes :lol: .The thing that swung it was that I wanted a new boost guage&controller and A/F guage.This unit can do all 3(with the right harness for the A/F)and as you say the £ is brilliant gainst the $ at the moment.

323GT-R

Yup, I bought mine and shipped it over just before Christmas, a present from my Uncle Sam :lol: so no duty :wink: The E-Maage will he here this week, and the wideband Lambda, so I can data log the whole lot on the E-01 for tuning, which will be nice. After reading the manual, it can also take the speedo input with the external signal harness, so I can data log my friday night run to the local chinese take away and hopefully find a few valuable tenths to ensure a hot meal when I get home :D