Got a fukcing puncture!!!

C

Crazy

Gutted :cry: :x I have a puncture, I am going to take the tyre to Quick-fit to see if they can repair it as it is only a nail in the tread but if it cannot be repaired :? :( can I just buy another tyre(205/40/17 :shock: ) and have it fitted or is it like my old Calibra Turbo where if you change one tyre you have to change them all :?:

P.S Where is the wheel brace and jack stored :oops: on GTiR's because I cannot seem to find one but the previous owner said that it does have one!

G

gotoinstant-redline

open the boot. look in and under your right hand on the inside back edge, the jack should be there.

your sorta meant to change the tyres in pairs. how worn is the other one? if its quite new then you should be ok just doing one. but make sure you get exactly the same tyre fitted! missmatch and all sorts of drivetrain probs could pop up!

if the hole in the tyre isnt too close to the edge of the tread, then they should be able to patch it.

good luck

L.

C

Crazy

8) Thanks for the reply,

the nail is right in the middle of the tread so hopefully :roll: it should be repairable :D

But if it cannot I am going to have to buy 2 :shock: new ones! :?

J

J-GTi-R

Mismatched tyres (even if they're they same tyre, just worn differently), can mess up the handling quite a bit so if possible swap in pairs. I had a screw puncture one of my front tyres recently, which couldn't be repaired, so it was two new fronts for me.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Why can't it be repaired? I'm sure I've had a puncture repaired there before. They just used a rubber plug. More likely they think they can get 4 tyres out of you instead of one. :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try taking the wheel and tyre into another garage and see if they can repair it, but only the wheel and tyre not the car :wink: or even just ring one up and see if they say they can repair it.

G

gotoinstant-redline

Fast Guy said:
Why can't it be repaired? I'm sure I've had a puncture repaired there before. They just used a rubber plug. More likely they think they can get 4 tyres out of you instead of one. :evil:
he hasnt even asked yet!! calm down folks!!

L.

J

J-GTi-R

Mine couldn't be repaired because the screw had torn up the steel belting as it moved about.

I used to fix punctures at a local garage as an after-school job, so I know when people are trying it on.

A

Anonymous

bollox had this earlier,

2 weeks old set of Pirelli tyres. Found part of a stanley knife blade in the center of one of mine, while I was in centre of Liverpool. Obviously not wanting to leave it for 5 mins :shock: I used tyre weld to get it round to national tyres after they said they could help me. Found they only had an Avon to fit :x (£150 :shock: :evil: ) and told me tyre weld screwed the tyre so the tyre could not be fixed :cry: