Gluing Rear arches

GTI-R Nath

Whats the best stuff to stick the rear arches on with, iv tryed tiger seal and epoxy but only lasts a few days and then starts to fall off

Gtirchris

You could try sikaflex or a good pu glue alternative buddy, I think its fairly permanent though, so if you ever wanted to remove them again it would be a bit of a job to do it.

whytie

Done it with sikaflex in the past works well.

Infact a mate stuck a spoiler on with that stuff, been on for years with no probs

rich1216

Whats the best stuff to stick the rear arches on with, iv tryed tiger seal and epoxy but only lasts a few days and then starts to fall off
I'm suprised the tiger seal didnt work was the arch cleaned first. I restore classic campers and stick on complete ally sides with just tiger seal and aint had one come off yet;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sikaflex is a piss poor product. Try Stixall which is a MS polymer mixture.

Its allows good movement, its chemical resistant, can be used when its raining (even under water) and they also have it in clear, but its as clear as water so if you make a mess of it, it won't stand out or look like a 5 year old has done it.

I'd never use Sikaflex on my car.

P

pulsarboby

just for peoples info theres a better easier way to put these on if the studs have snapped as they normally do.

go to a hardware shop and buy some 6mm nuts n bolts, grind the heads off till there almost flat but still leave around 0.5mm of the head on the bolt.
get some epoxy resin and stick the bolts into the arch trim in the same position as the snapped ones and leave to harden.
then just bolt them back in place as per normal.
that way you can easily remove them again especially if you put a dab of grease over the threads