getting service sorted for the summer? advice

S

stomski

gents,

car was serviced in september, but im already looking ahead for its next service in a few mths. Gona get all the bits/parts myself and the bloke doing it will just charge labour. Just wanted to know whats the best bits to get for a full/major service on the R? I know its probably listed on the website somewhere, but who recommends what exactly?

HKS plugs etc???

J

jasegould

Nissan oil filter as some aftermarket ones are designed slightly differently.
I use NGK platinum plugs (not cheap but do last 3 years/60,000miles) and Castrol RS 10/60 fully synthetic engine oil. My airfilter is a K&N which i clean and reoil.
Some people will say change the leads, cap and rotor but IMO if theres nothing wrong with them leave them.

Cris

My 2p worth

Millers 10w60 CFC
Nissan Oil Filter
Maybe fuel filter
Dizzie cap and rotor arm (if worn) - I got these from Halfords pattern from a Primera listing ('93 GT)
Spark plugs if necessary
Coolant every year or two
Brake fluid likewise

You can also swap the HT leads (I did). But general opinion seems to be that the stock ones are good enough. One side point of this. Some poeple complain of the plugs getting wet and cuasing mis-fires, thought this may only to be the case if you have FMIC. Anyway since changing the leads it's never been an issue for me (I have TMIC).