gearbox question

A

Anonymous

im goin to change my gearbox oil to see if this stops my 5th gear crunch. just want to make sure i do things rite, if im at the o/s underbody the first bung is for the grarbox drainage and the one futher in is the transfer box and wud u reccomend millers gearbox oil?? any advice more than welcome

J

JamesB

Fill us in if it does solve the 5th gear crunch - mine does the same when changin above 130kph. I thought bleeding the cluch would have done the trick but no luck

O

Odin

kyepan said:
and what would you recommend o ye of great knowledge!!!!
Well I know not to use amsoil anyway and don't put nulon in
ether as that's why my box is being rebuilt.

just go with the sheep and use redline :wink:

rob

andygtir

i had a slight crunch into 5th when i got the car 18months ago, some redline mt90 went in and not a squeek since 8)

J

J-GTi-R

Castrol Syntrax also is pretty good and might keep V happy if you use it...

A

Anonymous

well i tried the millers oil and its the same and wheni drained her nothin fell out so i mite try the redline oil see wat happens keep ye posted

O

Olly

I use 75w 90 Semi synthetic Castrol Taf X, works pretty good. Makes a good shift as those who have had it fitted can confirm :lol: 8)

A

Anonymous

Re: redline gearbox oil.

Hey, newbie to the posting.. :D
But I have to say that Redline is awesome!! When I first got my R, I couldn't get into first when the car was rolling and second was a b*tch!! I thought the clutch was stuffed.. Anyway dropped in the Redline oil and within 2 or 300 K's she was sweet as..

A

Anonymous

hey well i got the castrol syntrax all 9 500ml bots of it, the gears feel smoother than they used to but 5th gear still has that crunch in it anything over 2.5-3 revs of i guess its busted ah well