Gearbox parts

bristy

HI folks im rmoving my gearbox next week and im wondering if anyone can give any pointers on how to remove it.Most importantly where i can buy all the parts and prices, such as bearings and synchros and any other parts you can think of i might need to replace. I dont know whats gone until i take it apart, hopefully its nothing serious but i am considering replacing all i can afford at this time while it is off the car.thanks in advance

rams_pulsar

i wouldnt bother buying bearings etc just get a secondhand box off someone on here be easier and cheaper than striping your damaged one! only thing id say when removing it is dont try and leave things where they are to save time just remove practically everything so you can see exactly whats going on and so its easy to get to.

bristy

Thanks rams pulsar, but im not sure i want to get a second hand box incase it has similar problems. As for taking everything off im not working at mo so whatever needs coming off will come off ive got a bit of time do it, ive read its quite a problem with gearboxes on the pulsar. I've owned my pulsar 9 months and fitted all new bushes to the engine and rear subframe myself. I sthere any other common problems with the pulsar i should be aware of mate.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
You can remove the box with the engine in situ, however most people remove their engine with the gearbox.

See here - click me

When I rebuilt my box after all the bearings had failed and replaced some other bits, it came to around £600 (all genuine Nissan parts)

You could get a 2nd hand box, but next week be in the same predicament and have to spend even more money having it repaired…