gab struts

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
does anyone know where to get them serviced in the uk, further north the better.

cheers
davey;-)
They'd normally be factory sealed mate so, you can't service them.

Of course, you can't buy new ones either, so unfortunately you're stuffed !

Paul

davey red.r

hmm,like a turkey on xmas day:lol:
whats the lifespan on these things road use?
anyone on here got them fitted, and how long have they lasted them?

davey

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
i have them on my car 4 the past 11 years never a problem with them :-D :-D
davey i think pulsarboby has a set 4 sale if ur 1s are fooked :thumbsup:

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
hmm,like a turkey on xmas day:lol:
whats the lifespan on these things road use?
anyone on here got them fitted, and how long have they lasted them?

davey
I don't think you'd find a pattern in how long they last from car to car either. There's so many variables.

I'd expect a set of dampers to last 5 years or so, in normal use. Once you put lowering springs on them though, that life time will decrease etc...

I'd expect the Koni dampers to be on a par with the ones you have, in damping rate terms. As long as you change them as an axle pair, I'm sure they'd be fine.

Paul

davey red.r

ive got tein coilovers on there way, the gabs im getting will be spare, maybe to change if i dont like the coilover senario,or to sell on once i have give them a good clean up,

davey

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
ive got tein coilovers on there way, the gabs im getting will be spare, maybe to change if i dont like the coilover senario,or to sell on once i have give them a good clean up,

davey
What Tein set up are you going for ?

If it's the Superstreets, the spring and damper rates are fairly 'soft'. I think the spring rates are 4 KG/mm front and 3 KG/mm rear. They'd be idea for the road use and quite easy to live with.
I've got coilovers with 5 KG/mm front and 4 KG/mm rear springs and I can live with them. Bear in mind that I'm getting on too so, am looking for more comfort. :lol:
You can always get 'softer' spring rates too, for around £40 a pair of springs. And you can also get the Teins rebuilt over here.

What I'm trying to say is, don't waste your money on a shoddy used set of Gabs. ;-)

Paul