fuses

dencon

thanks.my trouble is, I have remove all unwanted wiring ,lights,heating etc, and am using only five fuses and am unable to see what this controls.the same applies to shift lock.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Shift lock is for automatic transmissions - that's the feature that stops you from being able to start the car in anything but park with your foot on the break... you won't have than in an R because they never had an auto.... same with the seat heater and rear speaker fuse, in that if your car never had them the fuses are doing nothing.

dencon

thanks for explaining shift lock,are you able to tell me what third down on left actualy controls. cheers,den.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I could be wrong, but I thought that was the fuse for the relays on the ignition circuit.

Edit: Looking at this, I think I'm wrong - looks like it turns on the circuits for the power windows, power locks and the sunroof... although I can't work out if we have a 'type I' or a 'type II' electrical system.

Last edited:

dencon

thanks. I think you are correct because mine has blown and the engine starts and runs. I expect wires are shorting where I have cut them off. I will be able to leave this fuse out as well, which means I only need to use four.cheers den.