FUKN Knock Sensor

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I just had a HKS GT 25/40 bb put on, no fukn round straight bolt on, shit load of power, fukn brilliant, good for bout 400hp. Then went for a blatt a week ago and car stopped boosting in 2nd to 5th, gets to about 4psi on the dial and feels like driving with handbrake on. Found out the the fukn Knock Sensor which is in the most C*NT of a spot has fukd up. apparently the knock sensor cuts factory boost down to a low level about 3-4psi or "Safe Mode". Having this happen with this new turbo is just cuttin me up, i've got a car with an obscene amount of power and a fukn knock sensor stoppin me from using it.

(moved to problem section..zia)

kyepan

could it be that with the bigger turbo the sensor is detecting detonation and retarding the ignition/cutting boost to stop you melting and cracking your pistons.

do you know if it is fuelling propely and is set up to run the boost you are running?

what i am getting at is, u just put a big turbo on, and now the knock sensor is playing up.. could the two be linked perhaps.. fueling??

My sensor went bye bye, and it overfuelled, retarded the ignition. and just generally made the car sluggish.