Fueling.

Nick K

Hi all.
Been busy working on the pulsar recently.

I have fuelling questions.

Just fitted my AEM wideband along with an Apexi avcr and a safc.

Avcr is set up for 10 and 15psi.( A and B )
Safc is set up to do nothing at present.
There is a aftermarket fpr fitted which from memory was set up to roughly 3 bar.( unsure if it's rate of rise )

Now my Afr's are fine as the turbo comes on chat from 0 up to 8/9 psi of boost pressure ( afr low 12s )
As soon as it hits full boost ( standard turbo ) and accerates from 3k up the Afr is high 10's. This happens on 10 and 15psi of boost pressure.

Now should I back the fpr a bit or should I correct the fuelling using the safc?

Unrelated question! When I got the pulsar there was no ecu with it so I sourced a replacement. Will I need to check the base timing as I think it's slightly hesitanting around 4.5k

Thoughts please. Thanks in advance.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's set up to overfuel when you're on full boost to provide protection against detonation. - I don't know how far you can back the fuelling off before it becomes detrimental.

Nick K

Timing done.. it was 24 degrees, back to 20 degrees now. It's brought my idle down to 1000 rpm too which Is a bonus as that was annoying me sitting around 1200rpm. The missis was the pedal operator to get her below 1000rpm to set the timing :-D as a reward I let her drive it back to which she almost kill us avoiding a rabbit!! I'd flattened the little f@cker! Brakes work very well!! :roll: