Fuel tank and pipes...

J

justin666

Morning all.. :yawn: :yawn:

Just a quickie, Whats involved in dropping the fuel tank out.?? Will it come out without fiddlin about with the subframe or have I gotta remove a million and one other things (in true R style!!) to get to it.???

I basically have a small fuel leak which I assume is commin from on of the pipes on the top of the tank. Only noticed it last week when I jacked the front of the car up and it started leakin :roll: :roll: Had just filled up so tank was pretty full at the time aswell.

Cheers for any help you lovely people :thumbsup:

J.

geoff pine

the pipe nearsest the rear seats has a jubile clip just under the boot floor which works lose it could be just that one .When my own was leaking very large puddle when the engine was runing i managed to tighten this one after giveing up on taking the tank out with out droping the subframe . The other pipes were imposible to get to seams to have worked dont use that plastic see through reinforced pipe as it just goes hard and does not flex enough.Might just be the the big black nut on top of the tank just some idea,s:)

Last edited:
J

justin666

Nice one Geoff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Also thanks to Lee aswell for ringing me to tell me what to do :thumbsup:

I shall be attacking it on saturday with my now well used spanners and see what unfolds :)

Cheers

J.

J

justin666

Right.. Whipped that cover off in the boot behind the back seats and nothing there is leaking (or so it appears). Not alot of room to work there is tha.!!!!!! :roll: :lol:

Anyway... Question.. Can anyone tell me where the pipe in the following pic goes.???

Does it run into the tank.???? If so where abouts???? Is the other end of it as much of a tart to get to as it looks?!?!?!?!!

Pulsars Rock :der: :doh: :lol:

Cheers

J.

O

Odin

justin666 said:
Nice one Geoff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Also thanks to Lee aswell for ringing me to tell me what to do :thumbsup:

I shall be attacking it on saturday with my now well used spanners and see what unfolds :)

Cheers

J.

What so no thanks to me then after writing that long winded PM :oops: .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I assume those pipes on the top of the tank are the same ones that run down the side of the tank. If you get under the car and look up you should be able to see them. I had one of those leaking. I did manage to change it in situ, but it was a fiddly job and took a while. If you have big hands you might have trouble.

J

justin666

Thunder God said:
What so no thanks to me then after writing that long winded PM :oops: .
You mean the invisible one I didnt get :lol: :lol: :doh: Sure you didnt just dream about send me PM's rather than actually doin it.?? :lol: Appreciate the thought I suppose :shock: ;-)

Fast Guy said:
I assume those pipes on the top of the tank are the same ones that run down the side of the tank. If you get under the car and look up you should be able to see them. I had one of those leaking. I did manage to change it in situ, but it was a fiddly job and took a while. If you have big hands you might have trouble
I only have little handies so should hopefull manage to squeeze um in there when I have a look on Sat.

Ive just been reading the service guide about tank removal and that looks like no fun at all.!!! Is it possible to just lower the tank a few inches or so on to the prop / subframe to give a bit more room to work.???

J.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I dunno, I thought about removing my tank until I was laid on my back looking up:doh:
So I decided I was gonna fix the leak without removing the tank:p

boucherie

if you read the manual then it says that you have to basically drop the whole rear end off just to replace all the lines. ive got my car booked in for next wednesday to have all 3 lines replaced due to my recent probs.

Big thanks to rob for the lengthy PM he sent me though, if i had a way to get the R higher, and some spare time i would have tackled it myself, but instead il just do some overtime to pay for it

O

Odin

justin666 said:
You mean the invisible one I didnt get :lol: :lol: :doh: Sure you didnt just dream about send me Pm's rather than actually doing it.?? :lol: Appreciate the thought I suppose
I have no idea what happened to that then I defo sent it :? And it took me ages to write as well :doh: .

You maybe able to drop the tank a little by undoing the two 17mm bolts that hold one end of the tank straps in place :thumbsup: .

Rob

J

justin666

Coxie.. Your a star :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thats exactly what i needed :-D :-D

Rob, Finally got your PM dude and it certainly is very helpfull. Appreciate the obvious effort you put into it ;-) ;-) so a :thumbsup: to you to :-D

Im pretty sure i know which pipe its leakin from and im convinced its one I can get on to with a fit of fiddlin about. If I can do it with out droppin the tank then jobs a good un but if not then I will be gettin the BIG spanners out :shock: :shock:

Thanks to every one yet again... very helpfull as always :-D

J.

JU5TY

Can anyone explain what all the pipes do on coxie's picture? I know which ones the feed/return, but as for the rest...?

P

pyrotecnic

I Just had the same problem. You can undo the tank straps and drop the tank by about 3 inches which is just enough. Watch out though cause you will have no nuckles left at the end of it.