Fuel relay / pump power

PulsarLee

Hi guys,

can anyone help please. for weeks now my R keeps cutting out. can be at any speed, just totally cuts out. Pretty sure its a fueling problem as when i come to a standstill and turn it over, sometimes you hear the fuel pump priming up and bzzzzzclick, and the engine starts and the car runs for 10 yards or 10 miles without cutting out. Other times you cannot hear the pump prime when you turn over the engine and it wont start at that attempt:noidea:.
looking at all the wires and 3 plugs that are ontop of the fuel pump / tank, I aint got a clue. but looks like the wireing is a bit bodged with some bare wiring etc (probably when a walbro was fitted). My question is. would it be a big problem to have the wiring to the pump replaced.any suggestions on how big a job it will be to test the power supply to the pump / and rewire it if necessary.
Any suggestions would be welcome as im sooo pissed off.

thanks guys.

Lee

Braveheart

Hi Lee....
If you have identified bad wiring... can you not just try to improve it. try re-terminating connections to the walbro. If the wiring is internal, with little fuel in the tank... open the inspection / access cover and have a good look and improve where need... I'd use soilder connection rather than crimp but if that's not your thing just crimp into good wires. (stip back and double up)

PulsarLee

thanks Braveheart,

Do you know why there are 3 plugs on the top of the fuel tank, each with 3 or 4 thin wires of different colours?
I saw a pic of think it was lawnys set up and it looked clean, simple and a real work of are. was wondering if i could get someone to rewire the whole set up and just take out a foot of the suspect wiring and check the supply is receiving the correct amount of power / earth\??

know anyone yorkshire area / mids who youd recommend?

thanks fella