fuel prob

t16coupe

going along in the r today and could smell fuel and pulled over and noticed the fuel pipe add come off the fuel filter to the rail put it back on and tightend it up and it as been running rough since engine holding back when on boost like the engine as aint getting enough fuel

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Can I just clarify?
  • You were driving along when you smelt fuel.
  • You stopped to investigate and found the hose had come off between the filter and the fuel rail.
  • You put it back on, and continued on your way.
  • The car hasn't been running right since.
So it didn't stop running when the hose was not connected to the fuel filter (and presumably pissing fuel down the firewall so that you could smell it)? - The only way I could see that happening is if you have the pipework around the wrong way and your filter is on after the fuel rail instead of before it.

How old is the filter? I'm just wondering if it's completely blocked and the fuel pressure actually forced it off... and now there is either no flow because of the blocked filter or you've managed to reverse flush all the shite into the tank and then into the injectors.

t16coupe

it was not completely off but lots comeing out the top off the fuel filter covered in fuel and some running down the blukhead no did not stop running and the fuel filter is about 4 weeks old